What causes puffy nipples in men?
Men can develop puffy nipples. This happens when fat or extra breast tissue grows and can cause breast glands to become larger. Puffy nipples can occur due to a man having low testosterone levels, using steroids, having excess fat, or developing gynecomastia. Most of the time, only having puffy nipples is something a man can change with diet, exercise, and not using steroid anymore. Essentially, the goal should be to reduce body fat, work out your upper body areas and chest. Most of the time, improvement can be seen if you take it seriously.
When diet, exercise, supplements for helping curb appetite, or other general health supplements don’t help the puffiness to diminish—you can opt for surgery for this condition. It will not however be covered by your health insurance as this is a cosmetic surgery.
Ways to lower nipple puffiness:
- Eat healthier (Lean meats, omega 3 fish like salmon, eggs, leafy greens, and consume healthy greens supplements and essential vitamins and minerals, and something to boost mental health if needed, extra B complex, phosphatidylserine and phosphatidylcholine, St. Johns Worth, 5-HTP and green tea)
- Stay away from steroids
- Work out chest, naturally
- Foods to lower body fat
- Reduce body fat (Workouts and supplement use; many vitamin C capsules a day, B-12 shots, omega 3 pills)
- Eat almonds, sunflower seeds (healthy fats)
- Fibrous foods (Oatmeal, raisin bran cereals)
- Dark leafy greens
Exercise for your chest area and talk to a personal trainer and dietitian
Here are ways you can help eliminate or reduce nipples being puffy in work out routines for your chest.
Chest work outs:
- Overhead presses
- Forward cable crossovers
- Bodyweight flies
- Cable flies
- Different kinds of barbell bench presses
- Inclined cable flies on workout bench
Personal trainer might be needed and a better diet—stick to a plan
When you need to lose body fat, you may want to consult with a personal trainer, and dietitian or nutritionist. This way you can adapt to a healthier, more active lifestyle in addition to helping rid of puffy nipples. Sometimes they are from steroids and sometimes breast tissue can become a problem when you don’t work out and you consume too might food.
Adhering to a healthier, better lifestyle can help improve puffy nipples. Having a set workout time a few days a week, which is custom for you is essential. You should definitely have many different chest exercises to help with this condition. Find a local personal trainer or through your health provider get worksheets on sets and repetitions you can try for your chest workouts
Do these several times a week
Always rotate different chest exercises. Then you can use other muscles to accomplish and can help reduce nipple puffiness. Make sure you still do a full body workout a few days a week in addition to the chest workouts. If you aren’t getting full results consult a personal trainer and talk to your doctor about other items you could add to your routine. You may want to understand what your blood work shows if you haven’t already looked at hormone levels or other items your doctor sees pertinent to the condition.
- Chest work outs, several times a week
- Make sure you are doing cardio
- Rowing and swimming are also great
Healthier diet is important for reducing puffy nipples
Diet is very important for any aspect of health and wellness. For any healthy body—lean meats, fruits and vegetables are essential. If you want to rid of puffy nipples and one of the main causes for you is too much fat, then you certainly need to change up your diet. Having too high estrogen levels and fat are the top reasons for developing puffy nipples.
- Find a low-fat diet that works for you—rid of all processed and trans fat foods and snack items
- If you are one to snack a lot—try to substitute a vegetable like carrots or cucumber slices
- If you love salads but need dressing—use olive oil and salt and pepper instead, or a vinaigrette instead
- If you need butter, use real butter never margarine, but try to only use olive oil
- Only drink water or unsweetened teas—if you have to have soda there are alternatives—put lemon or cucumber in seltzer waters—many stores today have several kinds of carbonated drinks that have zero sugar and have flavoring
- Eat more fish and chicken and eggs
- Consume more fruits like—oranges, kiwis, apples, pears, grapefruits, mangos, blueberries—bananas (have some potassium, but aren’t the greatest choice and aren’t high in vitamin C)
- Dark greens (spinach, kale, collard greens, cabbages)
- If you cannot eat turmeric or high spice dishes—take turmeric or curcumin capsules for lowering inflammation in the body or quercetin or MSM powder or pills
- If you cannot cut out cards (breads, pastas, potatoes, other grains) make sure to consume less, and always stick to a workout routine
- Cut out soy products
Foods high in testosterone:
- Egg yolks
- Tuna, Shellfish, Oysters
- Macadamia nuts
Herbs for puffy nipples and help boost testosterone levels:
- Milk thistle
- Red clover
- Devil’s claw
None of the above herbs have been proven to rid of puffy nipples but they could be beneficial. They are known to help improve testosterone levels. One in particular Ashwagandha, an Indian herbal can help with sexual issues in both men and women—and can improve ED in men.
Always talk to an alternative or integrative M.D. to understand how they could help you with puffy nipples and improve testosterone levels. They can all have a variety of side effects just like any pharmaceutical so it is important if you want to take them short-or long term to know how and when to take them.
If you cannot rid of puffy nipples, surgery is an option
If healthier diet and exercise plans aren’t working you can always try surgery for puffy nipples or excess tissue in the breast region.
- Non-invasive fat reduction
- Tissue excision
Wear compression shirts by Esteem Apparel
Esteem Apparel specializes in compression shirts. These shirts are a simple way to feel more confident and not have surgery for the condition. This kind of clothing can help improve appearance in men with extra breast tissue and puffy nipples.
This clothing can boost your self-esteem and be used when working out—not just for looking better in your own skin. They have a variety of functions but if you are high risk for having complications from surgery for this procedure you may want to try a compression shirt by Esteems apparel first. Keep a healthy diet, do what you can with workouts—a steady improvement is key, but know that compression shirts are one, positive easy way to help when you have puffy nipples.
Get advice from your doctor, keep up with your new routine—surgery is last resort
Talk to your doctor if you need advice of how to fix your diet, workout routine or want to try vitamin, mineral or amino acid supplements to help address fat or hormone levels. Many times you will benefit from a dietitian, if you cannot get everything you need from your primary care provider.
Getting in a routine for exercise for the chest that is targeted can also help reduction of puffy nipples. Just know that this takes time—especially if you are extremely overweight. Always be consistent with workouts and changing your diet can be hard if this is your first attempt. Take notes after workouts; keep a log of your diet. Only visit certain parts of the food store—usually the perimeter is best because unhealthier foods that tend to be in boxes are in the isles.
You can help improve your puffy nipples with time and if you want to do something drastic there is always surgery.