Some masculinity standards set by society define a man’s appearance, and all men are expected to meet these standards.
Consequently, men with gynecomastia, commonly called “man boobs,” usually feel embarrassed by their body physique and aim to hide the condition.
Gynecomastia results from excess fat accumulation around the chest area, the fat makes a man appear to have boobs.
Researchers have found that some exercises can help reduce the fat in your chest region and eliminate gynecomastia.
Read on to learn about these exercises...
Swimming is an ideal low-impact cardiovascular exercise, as it involves your chest muscles and arms.
Numerous strokes enable you to customize your experience.
However, experts recommend using more of your arms while swimming to strengthen your pectoral muscles.
As a result, you will burn lots of fat and enhance your chest appearance.
The ideal swimming strokes include
- Butterfly stroke
Doing regular pushups will not only help tighten your chest muscles it also helps build deltoid and triceps muscles.
What’s more, you can do pushups anywhere, and there are numerous forms of pushups, such as
- One arm push up
- Decline push up
- Diamond push up
- TRX push up
- Plus push up
- Lie on the ground and place your arms beneath your shoulders
- Ensure your back, buttocks, and head remain straight so that your weight is evenly distributed
- Now extend your legs so that your weight moves to your toes
- Keep the core muscles firm
- Lower your body till your elbows form a 90-degree angle the pushup
- While you are moving up and down, your elbows should be close to the body
- Repeat the procedure ten times for three or four sets per workout.
Of all the pushup variations, the decline pushup has proven more effective in toning the chest muscles.
Decline pushups differ slightly from regular pushups, for you must place your legs on a raised platform.
You can start with three sets and ten reps for each and increase as you get more comfortable.
Rowing machines give you an entire body workout. Moreover, the machines put a lot of pressure on your chest and arms.
This is because pulling the rowing machine strengthens various back and chest muscles while burning lots of fat.
Regularly using rowing machines also enhances joint strength and muscle coordination.
Bent forward cable crossovers
If you can access a gym, bent forward crossovers are an ideal way to work out your pectoral muscles
- Stand in a cable crossover machine, place your legs slightly apart and hold a cable in each hand. Extend your arms fully, so the cables hang straight down.
- Place one foot in front and the other behind, then bend your knees.
- Slowly and steadily pull your arms together in a perfect arc while they remain extended.
- Slowly return your hand to the initial position.
- Repeat the process ten times and do three sets on every workout. The last set will be challenging, but you have to push through.
Goblet squats are easy to do and highly effective.
- Hold a kettlebell or dumbbell to your chest. Pick one that isn’t too heavy for you.
- Slightly put your legs apart and slowly move down.
- Stay in that position for a minute, then rise back up. While moving up and down, your knees should remain wide apart.
- Do ten reps three times. You can take short breaks in between each set.
- In addition, ensure your core and chest are engaged to prevent the weight from moving your torso forward.
The process is somewhat similar to the goblet squat, but you swing the weight here.
- Pick a kettlebell or dumbbell with a weight you can handle comfortably.
- Hold the weight right below your pelvic region, then assume an at-ease stance.
- Bend your knees slightly, then push the weight upwards while your arms remain straight.
- You can swing the weight as high as possible, but up to a 90-degree angle for starters is fine.
While swinging, ensure that your legs stay in place and that only your knees and arms move.
You can do five sets and ten reps for each set.
Plank to push up
Plank to pushups is a hybrid of pushups and planks. The exercise strengthens your core muscles, enabling you to perform other exercises.
The exercise stabilizes your torso, as only your shoulders and arms move while other body parts remain stable.
- Lie flat on a mat and then assume the normal forearm plank position.
- Remain as still as possible, then push up with your right hand. Place the hand at the exact point your elbow was.
- Place your left hand on the mat and also push up.
- Lower your right elbow and then the left elbow and assume the initial plank position. If you began by pushing up the rift elbow, you should lower it first.
- Repeat the procedure about ten times, and change which hand you start with to avoid exercising one arm more than the other.
While doing plank to pushups, keep your back and hips straight so that the weight is evenly distributed.
Lifting weights will help you reduce fat, but adding sprints to your workout routine will help you lose more fat faster.
Sprinting exercises all your body parts and improves overall muscle coordination.
Sprint for 50 to 60 seconds on a treadmill. If you don’t have one, you can make 100 or 200-meter sprints in a field near you.
If you don’t like sprinting, you can still lose fat by walking. A simple 30-minute walk around your neighborhood is more than enough.
Dumbbell pull over
Numerous experts and gym instructors highly recommend dumbbell pullovers since the exercise helps shape chest muscles.
- Lie flat on a bench and bend your knees to a 90-degree angle
- Hold a medium or low-weighing dumbbell above your chest, with your elbows slightly bent.
- Move the dumbbell over your head downwards.
- Now pull the dumbbell back to your chest.
- Start with five sets, each having three reps, and slowly increase the reps and sets as you progress.
Standing Cable fly
Standing cable fly exercises will help you shed fat and strengthen your shoulders and triceps.
- Begin by holding each pully with suitable weights at your shoulder level.
- Place one foot forward and another behind.
- Firmly hold the pulley handles.
- Straighten your back and keep your core firm.
- Raise your arms to the side while your palms face forward.
- Walk two small steps forward.
- Slightly bend your elbows in that they don’t go behind your shoulders.
- Pull your hands towards each other and slowly return to the initial position.
- If you started with your right leg, switch to the left and repeat the procedure.
Tip: Do the exercise in front of a mirror to see your movements.
It’s critical to start exercising slowly and increase the tempo as you progress instead of starting with intensity.
If you try to lift a heavy weight or run for an extended period, you will most likely get injured.
In addition, you should stop when you feel exhausted or have pain in any joint.
Gynecomastia can be embarrassing and immensely interfere with your self-esteem.
However, if you include the exercises we listed in your workout routine and avoid eating fatty foods, you will eventually notice improvements.
You can also wear some clothes, like Esteem apparel compression shirts, which will make your gynecomastia unnoticeable. Esteem apparel shirts are tight and comfortable and will fit under any clothing.